I know it is a little late but I wanted to document our Halloween. Halloween is a big deal at our house. I’m not so much into over decorating, but we put up some lights and decorations.
Miranda is on the right. I don't remember what the catalog called her costume. It was cute though. On the left is her friend Lauren.
We make icker green punch, float glow sticks, and put dry ice in it, all in a black cauldron. We heat the punch slightly which makes the dry ice bubble and foam. The kids, and even the adults, love it and people remember us from year to year.
David also sets up a ground fogger, strobe light, glowing skull, laughing skull, and we have
Halloween music playing. We add a few more things each year and this year we got the punch just right. We had been ordering a green punch from Schwans but they quit making it so we had to concoct our own. We had peach juicy juice, Gatorade powder, lemonade, and Hawiian punch and added some V-8 smoothie to it which made it just a little bit cloudy (creepy), and it also seemed to make the dry ice bubble and spit even more, which really added to the witches brew effect.
My other project has been to start going through 10 years of baby gear and girls clothes. I went to the storage unit and hauled (from the back of the unit no less) all the baby clothes out and they are now clogging my living room as I sort them for friends, family, good will, or the garbage. Next is to get rid of the baby gear. I am not hauling this stuff to North Carolina. I already hauled it across the country, through one apartment and 2 houses. I has just sat there not doing me or anyone else any good. So out it all goes. It is very nostalgic going through all those little clothes though; Lots of memories. I am sorting some of them out for Miranda to keep. You have to have something you wore as a baby to put on your own kids. I didn’t actually have any of my baby clothes, but I had some of Jeanie’s. They may go out of style but it is about the memories.




1 comment:
I LOVE Miranda's costume! Very cute! - Aunt Jeanie
Post a Comment