Monday, September 29, 2008

Da Hoosbund

Ok so I am doing the bloggers husband survey. Every once in awhile these things are fun and revealing. So read mine and then tell me about yours.



What is his name?

At work he is know as David. Around here we call him the oldest 11 year old. (He rolls his eyes but acknowledges its accuracy.)



How long have you been married?

Almost 11 years.



How old is he?

Just turned 40 in May. Yes, I robbed the cradle.



Who eats more sweets?

In general or at one time? The first would be me, the second would be him so it evens out. He is the large portion hungry man, I am the small scoop, small slice girl who sneaks chocolate and hard candy sometimes. (Ok, alot)



Who said I love you first?

That was him after our first date. Ok, so we had a 5 day long first date.



Who is taller?

That would be him. Not hard as I barely qualify for 5'4".



Who can sing better?

He is a talented engineer who is good at many things but when it comes to singing he can't even find the bucket in which to carry his note. His mother once commented to me that he had such a lovely singing voice and I wrinkled up my brow and wondered to my self, "Did you raise this man?" Then we went to church with them and I realized that she was as tone deaf as he is. He cannot hear the similarity in two c notes an octave apart. Might as well be c and g.



Who does the laundry?

I think he is aware of where the washing machine is because he put it there when we moved and I know his memory is good. When I attended an out of state wedding a few years back he decided that lightening must have struck the washing machine because it wasn't working. But to be fair, it is a front loader with a freaky little feature of not starting back up for nearly a full minute after you open the lock to add a sock or something. I didn't blame him for that one but it was funny. He puts away his socks and underwear without too much complaint. And he will usually haul the laundry basket upstairs for me. Thanks honey. I don't mind laundry much though. Except I just hate putting it away. Don't mind sorting, treating, washing, drying, or folding, but hate hangers and drawers. Weird huh?



Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?

I have always taken the side closest to the door/Miranda's room. That has always been the right.



Who mows the lawn?

We share that. Although this year I think I have done it about 80% of the time. 3 times while we were out of town we hired it done. That is sooooo nice. But gets expensive when it is a landscaping company.



Who cooks dinner?

That would be me mostly but he likes to concoct in the kitchen on occasion. And he is great about taking me out when I have been working or doing some extended project or yard work or something. I like to cook but I HATE cleaning the kitchen. I'll take a toilet brush over a pile of dishes any day.



Who pays the bills?

We each have our set but he takes the lions share of that chore.



Who drives?

He does mostly, when he can't get me to do it.



Who is more stubborn?

Oh that would be him.



Who kissed who first?

He was being the gentleman so I kissed him.



Who asked who out first?

I don't remember who brought it up first but we were living on opposite ends of the country so it was pretty much a mutual decision.



Who proposed?

All him, on Christmas eve in a small church he attended as a child after a Christmas eve service. The pastor got very excited when he realized what we were doing.



Who has more siblings?

That would be me but he borrows them quite regularly.



Who wears the pants?

That is shared. He has his moments and I have mine.

1 comment:

JeanieB said...

Very true! Reading this reminded me of when I lived with you. Miss you guys!